Sunday, January 6, 2013

Twisted Sister

  You know that saying one bad apple....   Well it goes for lumber too.  I had picked the lumber for the tops of my bench pretty carefully.  However when I went to glue up my second top I was left with a couple of boards that were less than desirable.
  Now being a bit lazy and a bit cheap, I decided that instead of buying a couple more boards I could make the ones I had work. Not the best decision. Even worse I knew it was a bad decision.
  So a good part of my Saturday was spent getting the twist out of my second top.
Now I have been making my bench with a pretty basic set of hand tools just to show that you don't need a lot of specialty tools.
  But man. Trying to flatten, straighten, and square a 12 inch by 8 foot lamination with nothing but a number 4 plane?  That was trying.




No comments:

Post a Comment