Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hip to be square

I've started cutting my work bench parts to size.
I started with my tops so I can use them as a makeshift workbench for cutting and jointing my other parts.
I start by squaring the ends up.  I'm doing this using a square and a knife to mark around my my top.
 I'm starting my sentences with start far to much.



 I then use a chisel to define my line.






Then it's time to break out the handsaw. I'm cutting slightly off my line on the waste piece. Just enough to square and smooth the saw cut with a handplane. 










It can be a bit of a struggle working the pieces. That's the challenge before us though. How do you make your workbench without a workbench? chicken or egg?


You use what you have at hand. You persevere and eventually.....











......you do things you were not sure you could.


I think accomplishing things is often overshadowed with making things easier or faster.

There is definitely something to be said about a sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment