Monday, December 24, 2012

Workbench lamianted tops

   I have finished gluing up the laminated tops for my workbench.  I began by doing some initial stock preparation. I planed the wood to get rid of high spots and machining marks to get a even gluing surface. I didn't need to straighten the wood because I chose my stock carefully.  I avoided stock with significant twists and bows. Of course this involved trips to 2 different Lowes and a home depot twice over but, that's another story altogether.
   
 I glued my legs and aprons  at the same time so I would have all my lamination's done at once.




















After letting everything dry overnight I am beginning  to do some initial leveling starting with the underside of my tops. I will need to plane and square up my legs and aprons. This will be crucial when I start laying and cutting parts and joints.  Next I will start cutting all my parts to size.










No comments:

Post a Comment